Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Friday, June 29, 2012

My New Foundation Routine: Initial Feelings

Hi friends! I know I was supposed to update you all the next day after the big foundation test (the summer outdoor children's party in Alabama heat) but I believe I still may be recovering from that! LOL I have continued basically the same foundation routine the remainder of the week and today I was not planning on going anywhere so I have slapped on my Philosophy "Take A Deep Breath" and am using this opportunity to clean my brushes and sponge.

So here's my thoughts about the different products I have used this week each day:

1.  Philosophy "Take A Deep Breath" (sample received as part of my $10 June Glam Bag Subscription) : I am very pleased with this product. It doesn't seem to really help with any redness I have (Although I've seen they do have a moisturizer to help with that and will probably try that next.) however, this gel-like moisturizer has a lovely cooling feel when you apply it and does not feel greasy at all to me. The little sample sized tube has been wonderful and with using I would say a double pea-size amount each time has lasted me about 10 uses and maybe has 1 or 2 left in there. I will give my final review and decision to repurchase when it's completely empty!

2. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer: Ultra Light Formula ($8 - Walmart): This is another product I am very pleased with so far! I will start by saying the one thing I would change about this product is that it feels EXTREMELY greasy when it goes on and frankly I was really worried about that making me break out (which is not normal for me) or increasing my redness. I wish they could change this initial feeling because I think it could scare some people off but when the product dries it leaves your skin as silky and smooth as a newborn baby's bottom!! LOL There is no feeling of greasiness when it dries at all and it really does make a nice smooth layer for you to apply your color cosmetics on top of. This product is white in color and is clear when you spread it so this product would not be used to help conceal anything, just help make a smooth surface. I had hoped that whatever primer I chose would help to conceal my redness without having to use an actual concealer so again, this is another product that I have not decided yet if I will repurchase and will give a final review and decision to repurchase when it's completely empty. 

3. Revlon Colorstay Makeup in #250 Fresh Beige for Oily/Combination skin ($9.99 - Target): This product has lived up to ALL expectations to me thus far AND lived up to it's name for me. I already have serious issues with facial sweating when it's not 100 degrees out in Alabama, but now that it is actually that, I have an even greater need for a long-wearing foundation through the heat and sweating. When I bought it I was not sure about the color and I also didn't realize I had picked up the one for Oily/Combination skin and I have dry skin. I have been very pleased with the color choice for me, I usually have to pick the lightest shade of foundation as I am fair skin and I tend to avoid the sun as much as possible during summer months but this color, a couple shades away from the lightest, seems to suit me well and looks natural when blending down the neck. Also, I was afraid the Oily/Combination product would be bad with my dry skin and hasn't been too bad thus far. My dry patches haven't gotten worse, but that being said, I do not think this type of foundation is helping to make those patches less dry either. My plan is to go ahead and work on finishing out this bottle and to keep an eye out for Revlon sales and my Revlon coupons and see if I can't pick up one pretty cheap for dry skin. As far as coverage, I would say this is a medium to heavy coverage foundation. When using a blending sponge to apply (thoughts on that coming next) you really do have the option to control the coverage more than say using your fingers or brushes (in my experience) to apply. I consistently went over each area and then would go back again to my reddest of areas. I found that 95% of the time my redness was well covered. As posted in #2, I will probably be on the search for a concealer in the next week  or so that is light and can be of help to me just during days I really need it. 

4. Sonya Kashuk Blending Sponge ($10.49 - Target): This product has been fabulous for me. In my opinion, this product, blends well, holds well in the hand while applying, is able to be used on all areas of the face thanks to the different sized ends, helps you control your coverage and rinses out well daily. I had previously seen several reviews where the reviewers had trouble rinsing our their sponge, but I have not encountered that. I am about to do a full washing with some foaming face wash so will let you know next review how well that works out. I have used the same process every day with this sponge to get the results I've had. I get the sponge wet under the faucet and I squeeze out really well until you can't really tell if it's wet or dry. I then put a dime size amount of foundation on the back of my hand, I dab the sponge in the foundation and then I use a light stippling motion all over my face. I truly feel like this product helps me to achieve an even application and airbrush-like finish. This will be my LAST review on this product until it comes time to replace it to let you all know how long it lasted for me. As stated in my last blog, I currently have no intention of trying the Beauty Blender (the pink, egg-shaped one). FABULOUS PRODUCT!!!

5. Mary Kay Loose Powder in Ivory #1 ($14.00  - Local Mary Kay Rep): This will be my last thoughts on this product until the winter months as I have made the decision to put this product away until the weather gets cooler. When I wore this product the other day out in the heat, once I did start sweating quite a bit, the powder did start to clump up again (not pretty). I spent 90% of the time at the party blotting my face. Since that day I have chosen to go without the powder and I have not experienced that again. As I stated before, I did really enjoy the powder when I wasn't sweating so bad, so I will give it another go when it gets cooler out. 

And that's it folks! I have been pretty pleased as well with the wear of my eye makeup, but I do think I will go back to using the Tarte Eyelid Primer that I was using when the True Blood palette came out. It really helped with any creasing and the over all look and wear of eye products. As usual, the STAR of all my face products HAS to be the Tarte Eyelash Primer and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara! I will never go back to anything else! I am a very emotional person and that mascara has held up though everything... Tears, Sweating, and even unintentionally rubbing my eyes after a long day. FABULOUS PRODUCT TARTE!!!

If anyone has any questions, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment