Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Julep Maven Subscription - June 2012 Box


Each month I continue to be impressed by the customer service, quality of products and the perfect packaging offered by Julep! As a recap, Julep Maven is a monthly subscription service that focuses on nail color and care. You can get a month for a penny by checking out the link to the left or staying til the bottom of this post!

This month, again, I chose to stay with the "Classic With A Twist" box. The card included reads, "It's your time to sparkle. Classic with a twist. This month is all about matching lips and nails. The trend is back and hotter than July! We've done the work for you with our eye catching colors so you can step out with confidence and get your glitter on."
I love the little quotes and treats they include with each package! "We need less posturing and more genuine charisma. It's about a sparkle in people that money can't buy." - Marianne Williamson ... Also 3 yummy fire balls! What a cut throw back these candies have been! Last month pixie sticks, this month fire balls! (How sad some of us can remember when they were just a penny! lol!)
Here are the 3 colors I received with the box. On the left is Audrey, middle is Freida and right is America. Audrey and Freida are part of the subscription and America was included free. Since my husband is from Canada, I also purchased separately "O Canada" which should be arriving any day now and also "Kate". Here are my first swatches of the products, just 1 coat each.
Polishes are shown in the same order as the bottles above. Audrey is a beautiful cream color with a pink hue and some gorgeous shimmer when the polish hits the light. The pictures of Freida online, in my opinion, didn't do it justice. It's almost like a light magenta, more on the pink side than purple, also with that beautiful shimmer when it hits the light! The America is in a class of it's own! I am SO impressed with this polish. I have typically steered away from glitter polish because it never looks on my fingers how it looks in the bottle and I always end up very disappointed. Also, with other glitter polishes, usually they require about 10 coats for me to get the same glitter look you are seeing above. In the picture that is ONE coat. What's even more fabulous about America is that it is still quick trying, however it's not so quick that it is unforgiving. The polish remains tacky for a couple minutes to be able to move the glitter around as you so choose. BEAUTIFUL polish this month, Julep!
This next product is a full size Lip Gloss in the color Camellia that matches the Audrey polish to a tee. I was a little skeptical about this gloss because of the fact that Julep is primarily nail products, however I was pleasantly surprised with the color, texture and packaging of this product. 
It has a very light, sugary scent, but no taste that I can tell. I am very impressed with this gloss and I plan to purchase the one that matches my Freida polish as well!

Total value of everything I got in this box is $60.00 (That is not including shipping). My box, as usual, was $19.99 and that included shipping! Total savings this box was over $40.01 or 66%!

As stated before, I also purchased "O Canada" and "Kate" polishes at a discount to go with my box. Value of those polishes are $28.00 plus shipping and as a Julep Maven, I got them for $9.98 including shipping. 

Total out of pocket cost for my products and shipping was $29.97. Total retail value, not including shipping was $88.00. Total savings: over $58.03 or 65%!

Become a Julep Maven by clicking this link!
Use Code: COLOR2012 to get your first box for just a penny!

- Yours - Jessica - 

No comments:

Post a Comment