Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Recent Julep Add On Purchase

I got my add on purchase from Julep the other day and wanted to share those 2 colors I added on to my monthly subscription. I purchased Kate and O Canada in addition to my June Julep Maven box.
                   
Kate is a beautiful creamy white color that has just a very slight gloss to it. Sometimes it's nice to have something that isn't matte but isn't insanely glossy either! O Canada looks similar to America in the bottle, except it does not have any blue. When applying O Canada to your nails, the polish has much less large pieces of glitter than America does so it would look very nice over another polish. I also found the glitter pieces a little more difficult to move around with this one, but I did ultimately still enjoy the finished look.
 These pictures show one coat of each of the polishes, O Canada on the left and Kate on the right.

So, I decided to go ahead and do a full manicure with both polishes and was very pleased with a outcome. For this look, I used 2 coats of Kate, 1 coat of O Canada and 1 coat of  Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Color in #120 Diamonds (simply because I couldn't find my plain clear polish).
Here is my belated "Canada Day" nail look, for my hubby! :-)

*A note about the Julep glitter polishes: When I used the America polish I did not apply a clear coat of polish over top and what I found was that some of the glitter pieces are so large that they can snag on things and peel your polish off. Applying the clear coat over O Canada has prevented this from happening and I have not had any issues with snagging! I can't wait to do it right with America next time!*

-Yours - Jessica-

No comments:

Post a Comment