Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Julep Maven Subscription - August 2012 Box

<<< Click the link to the left and enter "COLOR2012" in the coupon box to try Julep for just a PENNY!
It's here! 
My August 2012 Julep Maven Subscription Box! 
(Above, you see all my Julep Polishes to date in order of latest received from left to right!)
GASP! Look! It's a bigger box than normal!!
It's Julep's birthday!! (I swear Julep, I didn't know! Otherwise I would have gotten you a gift!)
Inside the box, Julep thanks its' customers for helping them make their first year a success and to enjoy the special tote! <GASP!> I love a tote!
At first glance!



So adorable! Thanks Julep!

Now on to my subscription items:
This month's "Classic With A Twist" box included the following items:
1. Julep Acetone Free Conditioning Nail Polish Remover
2. Hands free pump for nail polish remover
3. Julep polish in the color Felicity
4. Julep polish in the color Alfre

I was able to use the polish remover immediately as I had some ugly chipped polish in serious need to be removed. I thought it felt a little drying at first, but the feel you get afterward is definitely one of softness. The remover works really well and doesn't have a horribly strong scent like so many polish removers. The hands-free pump is AMAZING! I have never had a pump for my remover before and I feel so spoiled now, even wondering how I got on without one before!
On the left is Felicity and on the right is Alfre.
Like the other Julep polishes, these are of excellent quality. These to shades are very opaque and would look great with even just one coat of polish. Felicity is a beautiful shimmering gold color with a very yellow undertone. The word that first came to mind when I put it on was "sun-kissed". Alfre is a very complex color and much more beautiful in person than it is in the picture. In the bottle, it looks like any other silver metal but when you apply the polish, it has a beautiful purple (almost plum colored) undertone. 

The theme of this month's box was "Metallics & Chromes". I definitely think Julep was able to match that description with these particular colors! 

On another note, this month's inspirational card reads as follows:
"What can you celebrate?
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey"

Nail Look of the Day
This weekend's nail look I am calling "Forgiving French".
Those of you that know how shaky I can be may understand that title! HAHA!
The white part of the manicure, on the tips of the nail, was achieved by using Kate by Julep. The white really only needs 1 coat of polish, however I am very rough on my hands so I used 2 coats. Then I tried to clean up my lines as best I could by using Julep's polish remover from the August box and an old eye shadow brush. After Kate dried, I applied 2 coats of  Audrey by Julep. Because I do not own a Julep top coat yet, I finished the look by applying 1 coat of #120 Diamonds by Sally Hansen Diamond Strength. 

Have a blessed day!
-Yours - Jessica-



No comments:

Post a Comment