Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Saving on Makeup

Hi all... and Happy Wednesday to you! I wanted to do a little post today about saving on cosmetics through savings programs, sales and coupons. With everyone jumping on the couponing train lately, it's not surprising to see those affiliated with cosmetics companies joining in on that as well! Since, there's a lot to absorb with this topic, I'm just going to take a little at a time. Today, I want to talk about the deal I was able to get last night and how I did it. 

Last night, I did a good shopping trip at Publix for groceries, but I also had some Cover Girl coupons and wanted to take advantage of those on some eye shadow singles. 

Publix have these priced (in Auburn, Alabama) for $2.99 each. Our Publix coupon policy states that you can use 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 store coupon per product. I had a $3 off 2 Cover Girl products coupon from the July 29, 2012 P&G coupon insert from the Sunday newspaper and I also had 2 store coupons from the Publix green advantage flyer that were $1 off 1 Cover Girl or Queen product. So, when I stacked those coupons I was able to get both eye shadows for just .98 or .49 each. After tax it was $1.07 for both full size eye shadows! 
 *Sorry about the right pic. Haven't figured out how to flip it on here yet!*

So the 2 colors I picked I consider both to be "highlight" shades. I picked up #620 in Snow Blossom and #540 in Pink Chiffon. Both are very light and frosty looking. Here are some swatches! (PS: I have a ton of the cover girl singles now. If you are interested in seeing swatches of all the colors I have now, just leave me a comment!)

My skin is light and pink colored as it is so these didn't show up particularly well, but they are both very nice. Snow Blossom, on the top, is a little chalky where as the Pink Chiffon is a really silky feeling. The Snow Blossom also has a little less shimmer than then Pink Chiffon. Both seem to be easy to blend and if they compare to the other Cover Girl shadows I have, they will be long lasting as long as they are used over a decent eye primer. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Yours - Jessica -

No comments:

Post a Comment