Welcome To My World

I'm a wife and mom to 4 beautiful children and I'm in to too many things! I look forward to sharing my life with you... my love for Jesus Christ, fun with makeup, passion for cooking & food, special times with my family, saving money with coupons and more!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Couple Product "Don'ts"

For me it's rare to find a product that I dislike enough to tell people that I wouldn't recommend buying it. Usually I can find something I like about it enough to at least say, "Eh... it's worth a try." Today, however, I'm bringing you reviews on 2 products that I will never consider purchasing again and I cannot recommend them at all. 

The first product, is the Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen. I received this product in my June bag from My Glam and had high hopes for this product. I am always looking for another great eyeliner and more specifically I have been looking for an eyeliner that will give me the look of a liquid liner but something that's easier to apply and will stay put on your eye. 
 I guess the word "permanent" is what convinced me this pen was going to be a success. Unfortunately, this eyeliner is hardly permanent. When you rub the line you've created, you have a slight amount of product rubbing off but this isn't the biggest problem. If you introduce any moisture to this product, you have a big mess. Any tears or sweat will cause this eyeliner to immediately smudge and run all over the place. I used the product once on a day where moisture wasn't an issue and aside from the fact that I had to go over my lines several times to make it a true black, I was fairly pleased with the wear. So, I decided to give it a try again. I wore it to the fireworks. God bless the kindness of the people around me because when I looked in the mirror I saw a raccoon before me! A hint of this product's epic failure should have been that it states on the pen to not use it at all if you wear contact lenses. I do not wear lenses, but I still think that should have been a clue. Shame on me... never again will I use this product. 

The next product I'd like to talk about is Revlon Photoready Airbrush Makeup. If you follow my other posts about foundation, you'll note that I purchased this the same time as my other Revlon Colorstay foundation. The colorstay has been working really well for me for the most part, but I figured I would give the airbrush foundation a try since I already purchased and swatched it. There is nothing I like about this foundation from the packaging to the application to the coverage. 
 To start off with, the pump for me is very difficult to push down while having any kind of control as to how much product comes out. If you have any kind of arthritis, shaking or pain in your hands, this pump is very difficult to use with any kind of accuracy. 
Next comes the application of the product. As with the other Revlon foundation I use, I used the Sonya Kashuk blending sponge to apply this foundation. Not only was the product very difficult to blend and not look splotchy but the coverage wasn't very good at all. It seemed like the more I applied to try to increase coverage, there was no difference in actual coverage at all. It just looked more splotchy!
The next thing that is kind of annoying about this foundation is that there is a shimmer to it which is borderline
"glittery". I say this because some places even seem to have pieces of glitter as opposed to a shimmer. This is personal preference, but I believe any shimmer or glitter should be left to other products as opposed to being directly in your foundation. 

So, that's my take on these 2 products. I hope at least someone has had a better experience than I have!

-Yours - Jessica - 


No comments:

Post a Comment